Persephone Theatre School – A Safe Space Learning Environment
What we all need to know to have an AMAZING time together!
Persephone Theatre School believes that in order for our students and staff to have a productive learning environment, we need to exist in a safe creative space. To ensure this, we have adopted the following policies to cover any disruptive behavior including physical or verbal abuse (threats, derogatory comments) that may occur and may compromise the physical, mental or emotional safety of anyone in the class or that may compromise the positive integrity of the group-learning environment.
It is important that EVERYONE involved with the Persephone Theatre School (Staff, Students, Caregivers) understand what behaviors are not acceptable.
- Physical contact (hitting, biting, kicking etc.) is NOT permitted. The perpetrator(s) will be removed from the class immediately, with one-on-one care provided until a parent or guardian can pick up the student.
- Verbal abuse or consistent disruption of the class is NOT permitted. In the event of such behavior, the perpetrator(s) will be removed from the class with one-on-one care until a parent or guardian arrives to pick up the student.
- In the event of an incident, those involved with causing the disruption will not be allowed back into the classroom until the entire matter has been reviewed by senior management (Teacher, Director of Education and Executive Director); within a 3-day timeframe. If it is concluded that physical contact or disruptive behavior has occurred, termination of service will likely result.
- A formal letter with an incident report will be provided to parents/guardians the same day in most instances, unless the timing of the incident is such that an email or letter will need to be forwarded on the next business day.
- Refunds (if applicable) will be discussed by the management team.
- The termination of service will occur without recourse; however, meetings between parents/ guardians and management may be facilitated with appropriate notice.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work to ensure the well – being of everyone connected to the Persephone Theatre School.
If you have a student who would like to attend classes, but who would require additional supports, please discuss with our Director of Education. Generally, we do not have educational assistants for our classes, BUT we can try to accommodate requests for additional support, if we are aware of this PRIOR to the start of a program.
Funding for children and youth programs is available through Creative Kids. Please ensure you apply early by the deadlines they provide. For summer funding the application deadline is May 26 2023.
Persephone Theatre also has payment options that include payment instalment plans or monthly fees rather than full program fees at the time of registration.
In addition, thanks to a generous donation from the Beavis Endowment, in memory of Barbara Beavis who valued the arts and arts education, Persephone Theatre has some bursaries that are available from 2022 to 2025. If you would like to set up instalment payments or monthly billing, or if you would like to apply for a partial or full bursary please download and complete our Financial Accessibility Form.
Kristi Friday (She/Her)email@example.com 306-384-2126 ext 242